Friday, April 4, 2008

Has the Food Network gone down hill

I have loved the Food Network for along time now. The nerd in me loves Good Eats, Paula Home Cooking cause who does not love butter and she has a great laff. Dinner: Impossible was fun for a while, not so much fun now we find out Robert Irvine fabricated parts of resume. For more info on that here is a link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23452952/. I always thought Emeril's shows are over the top, and Rachael Ray is just down right annoying, especially with her EVOO crap. The contests were fun when the were on every so often, but it looks like the food network has gone down the road of reality TV. What made Food Network great was it made cooking available to everyone, teach everyone how to cook, making food fun and teaching how to put on a party. Now it is just look at these people cooking and we won't show you how to do it. It is always fun seeing restaurants in you home town on TV but they have taken that to far too. I hope I am not coming across as a snob but I will take the PBS Cooking Academy over Food Network any time. Please vote on my poll. As I read this to my wife she made me write that she loves Iron Chef

1 comment:

The Control Room said...

Couldn't agree with you more. Food Network is getting rid of all of the real chefs and replacing them with no talent hacks. Rachel Ray, Sandra Lee etc. I used to love Food Network, now I watch the Discovery Create channel. They have several cooking shows and they are hosted by people who can actually cook. Unlike Food Network where I can learn how to make instant soup.